Open since 1999. The Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island Resort is truly unique in French Polynesia. A Polynesian architectural splendour nestled in a botanical garden, over the turquoise lagoon with stunning views of Mount Otemanu, Matira Bay, and the multi-hued sunset, just a stone’s throw away from the Sofitel Marara on the main island.
The hotel emphasizes privacy and intimacy with only 30 Luxury Bungalows and 1 Luxury Villa located either over the lagoon or on the side of a lush hill overlooking the sandy beach as well as one panoramic restaurant, one bar, and one holistic spa.
Manu Tuki restaurant is where French and Tahitian culinary tastes and flavours blend together. Mako Bar and terrace is the perfect place to resource yourself away from the world and enjoy dramatic sunsets.
Guestrooms and Suites
All of the hotel’s 31 bungalows and villa are a celebration of French Polynesia. To guarantee an incomparable luxurious stay, all rooms are equipped with Wifi internet connection, flat screen TV, Bose® Wave Music system, Espresso coffee machine, Luxury toiletries in the bathrooms, and the exclusive SoBed® concept by Sofitel.
– 20 Luxury Overwater Bungalows, with the Polynesian decor in precious woods, feature a large deck and solarium with direct access to the lagoon. A glass floor offers a view of the sea life below.
– 10 Luxury Lodges perched in the trees above the beach or near the lagoon offer similar amenities (minus the glass floor) with a bird’s eye view of the lagoon and Bora Bora.
– 1 Luxury Villa, hidden amidst a tropical garden for a secluded stay, offers perfect privacy with its own beach and outdoor Jacuzzi.
Restaurants and Bars
The Manu Tuki restaurant is a celebration of light and nature. Savour the simple flavours from the Pacific Ocean allied with French cuisine while enjoying an 180° view of the lagoon and Bora Bora.
Mako Bar and terrace offer delightful exotic cocktails, healthy fruit juices with soft music in a relaxed lounge seating.
The most beautiful coral garden in Bora Bora surrounding the Private Island invites you to discover the underwater flora and fauna and become a real South Seas adventurer. The Holistic Spa features both a selection of Monoï massages and treatments inspired by ancestral Polynesian techniques and a relaxation program based on Tai Chi and Qigong, healing both body and mind. Our “Romantic Soiree” is the ultimate alliance between sunset champagne on top of the Private Island and a romantic dinner on the beach under the stars.
- Name: Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island Resort
- Description: This island resort epitomises the French art of hospitality blended with elegance in order to create a unique experience on a private retreat.
- Address: BP 516, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Phone: +(689) 605 500
- Fax: +(689) 605 577
- Email: [email protected]